Monday, August 18, 2003

Movie Reviews (#2)

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Yup, I’m buying it as soon as I can! I just saw it for the second time, and it is now on a very short list of my favorite movies. This time I got to see the scene that’s at the end of the credits…. The very long credits, especially when you’re waiting for the scene, and the music was very good by the way. This was backed up by my very music-conscious brother, Nick.
If you haven’t seen this movie, go see it. I completely love it. Sure, there are a few corny lines, especially between the two young lovers during their lovey-dovey romantic moments, blah, but the many many cool lines completely made me forgive the corny ones. And I’m not a forgiving person! Johnny Depp was awesome! He’s my new favorite actor. Geoffrey Rush did a really amazing job as the antagonist, and did anyone notice how much he sounds like the voice on the Disneyland ride that tells you where you’re going? For that matter, did anyone notice all the other things that were taken from the ride? Being a big fan of Disneyland myself, recognizing stuff (and I’m sure I didn’t catch it all) was a big hit. Like the guy sleeping with his pigs and the prisoners trying to get the cell keys away from the dog? And the lady chasing the pirate and the song?!? Alicia liked that Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Swan looks thin without looking like she's anorexic. I really liked Anamaria, and the two comic relief pirates, Pintel and Ragetti. Kate mentioned that they are like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. The British Navy had a pair of their own brave if not overly-intelligent sailors, they were a lot of fun. The whole thing was fun! Hey, if you think a Disney Pirate movie is an oxymoron, think again. This was great!

No comments: