Thursday, May 27, 2004

how's life?

ahhh.... home again.
yeah, not really.
tonight i got into a pretty heated argument with my sister, which really wasn't that interesting, but resulted in her going to a lame party with my brother and me trying to walk all the way home from the hilton.
on the good side... hey, i'm back in a town with a hilton! and my grandparents saw me walking down the street and gave me a ride. i was actually enjoying my walk, but i didn't want my grandma to worry. she worries.
elizabeth is here again. she gets into fights with my mom all the time. she keeps saying smart-alecky things to me, like, 'holly, when you grow up, let me know.' tonight i was particularly shocked that she could make so much noise drinking her milk. honestly, it was incredible. i didn't say anything though. it's best to keep those things quiet around her.
on the good side, i'll be leaving in a week and i won't have to see elizabeth after that. for those of you who don't know, elizabeth is a girl that is two years older than me (22) that my mom decided to adopt two summers ago. i know what you're thinking... hey, i thought you couldn't be adopted after the age of eighteen? yeah, that should be the way things work.
i'm back at the nursery working for a while. the best thing that's going for me here is the weather. it's been cool lately, not just cool for the summer or cool for las cruces, but actually chilly. i'm learning all the names of plants again. all in all, work is going great... but there's this new guy duane who is SO annoying! he's such a suck-up and the biggest know-it-all. grr.
tomorrow my little brother nick graduates from high school! i think i'm going to get him some hockey gloves, like that's something i can afford... but i feel bad that everyone made such a huge fuss over my graduation, and no one cares that much about his. poor little brother bear.
this morning at 9:30 my aunt had a baby boy! i have a little cousin! he was like ten pounds (holy crap) and his name is alexander jefferson. i haven't seen him yet, but my grandparents were talking about him a lot on the car ride. i guess my uncle is really excited. how cute!
i guess that's it for a while. one week til i go back to tech and we start filming for "the real world: socorro". that's what my hockey buddies are calling it. no one can believe i'm going to share a house with corrie and three guys. but i'm excited!

No comments: